Thursday, August 4, 2011

JUNE 2011

  • Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:32 PM, EDT

Hi everyone! 1800 Registry has made another page from me that's really cool and pretty. Go to https://www.1800registry.com/rachelleandchrisweddingTomorrow is my final dress fitting and interview with the associated press! Today I have an interview with hampton roads magazine today and I recently had one with women's world too! This wedding will be everywhere!!

  • Friday, June 24, 2011 5:25 PM, EDT

Hello everyone!

Yesterday chris and I had our 6th year anniversary and had a great time out at dinner. Remember how I had a surprise for him? Well it was supposed to be yesterday but I let him know about a week ago that I was getting a handcycle!! I'll be able to road bike with him ASAP!

My grandparents (also known as bubbie and Zadie) came by to visit as well. It was fun and I'm glad they could see my house

With the wedding on it's way the interview requests have picked up! Today I had a long interview with a Japanese tv station. There will be a 1 hour special on me there!

I tried my dress on yesterday and it looks so pretty. I'm excited to see everything together.

Hope I didn't miss anything!

  • Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:12 AM, EDT

Another late update. I had a rough night and my tush is still a tiny red. I'm not for sure I'll make it today to the tournament. But if I do it'll be more like 2pm. Sorry everyone!

  • Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:30 AM, EDT

Everyone! I'm sorry it's late notice but I will not arrive till about noon. I need to eliminate hours that I'm sitting on my sore. It's s o close to being gone so vie gotta stay smart. Hope to see you there!

  • Friday, June 17, 2011 11:35 AM, EDT

I forgot to mention the Raleigh summer rumble. Oh my gosh! Tomorrow from 9-5 and Sunday 9-4. Here is the flyerhttp://www.ncscia.org/theraleighsidewinders/2011SummerRumbleFlyer.pdfCome on out!

  • Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:12 PM, EDT

Hi everyone!!

So gee this has been a crazy time! I had a reallly bad pressure sore that has greatly improved but I'm still staying off of it. So I've been laying down for like 3 weeks now so vie been sooo bored. I did muster up enough energy to go talk to a local 4th grade classroom. I have a teacher friend down the st. Who showed her kids my story. They even made me a poster of words that described me. They always asked for updates with me and wanted to meet me so I had to go before the school year was over. I had such a great time and they are so sweet so here is a shout out to ms Dupree's 4th grade class at Northwoods Elementary! I was also excited that my aunt and uncle came to visit! They definitely kept me company when I had a gross sore and heather gave me beauty
treatments! Mom took them to the best golden coral on earth. An ECU
graduate started it and the headquarters are in Raleigh.

The very next day I had supra pubic surgery. A tube goes through my belly and caps at the end so I can uncap and go to the restroom by

myself! Huge step towards independence.

Well as far as the wedding goes things are moving along! Mens Wearhouse is sending gift certificates to all of the groomsmen, chris, and our little ring bearer! Each person will be able to purchase and keep a suit! We also have a wedding website now at www.1800registry.com/rachelleandchris

Thanks for looking!

\

  • Friday, June 3, 2011 10:34 PM, EDT

Hi everyone. Well I can't say vie had the best week. It turns out that I've developed a pressure sore on my butt and apparently it is a stage II. It's screwed up my entire system making me have spasms, nerve pain, and all around just making me feel sick. This is bad timing as ive finally made it to summer! Wheelchair tennis starts this Monday, adaptive water skiing is tomorrow, rugby practice is next weekend and the Raleigh rumble wheelchair tournament is the following weekend. I want to do all of it and there's a chance I won't be able to do any of it. Well see

I have actually scheduled a supra pubic surgery for this coming Wednesday. It is a short 30 minute surgery where a tube will be inserted just above the pubic area going straight into my bladder. I'll be able to release my urine by uncapping the tube making me independent in that area. Hopefully I won't have to cancel do to the spasticity.

Wedding updates to come in the very near future

No comments:

Post a Comment