Thursday, August 4, 2011

MAY 2011

  • Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:29 AM, EDT

I was reading over my blog last week and realized I left a few things out! When I was picking out my chair, we were discussing the weight of the wheels. The set that I want ( which is super cool!) is fairly heavy for someone with an injury like mine with very limited triceps. They are totally doable but I was offered an amazing additional set of wheels that do something pretty cool. They are called Magic Wheels! If you go to www.magicwheels.com you can read up on them and even watch a YouTube video which gives you a really good idea on how many ways they can be utilized. In short, they provide assistance with hills and rough terrain with a gear shifter on the wheel. I can't wait to use them!

For dinner out my first night in jersey we went to this crazy restaurant! It had ridiculously oversized portions! I ate off other people knowing there would be some serious extras! It was really my first time out without a very close friend or family member to help me out, but again the group was super helpful. One girl Auti basically pushed me and herself when I got tired on a hill. Chelsie and her cool dad were super helpful too. Thanks girls. Shout out to Team Colours! Hopefully I'll be selling these things like crazy when I learn all the info. Oh and I took my mom and grandma to this place, which I forgot to mention has the worlds largest pickle bar. Haha. I got a pancake and took it home in an X L pizza box!

So I picked out my wheelchair back fabric! It is from a website called ninetomatoes.com. They specialize in a design called mandalas. “A mandala is a constant organism that is complete within itself but full of all these compartments. The human mind and energy body are the same. They’re just not always as symmetrical. That’s why the mandalas feel so good because they give us symmetry and balance…” – Lee Harris they were kind enough to give me my fabric for free after hearing my story. The mandala design creator and website owner told me she made this design during a hard time in her life and that it brought her positive energy. I can't imagine a more perfect design! I'm just hoping it will work. :). There is also one more cool thing that happened at the expo but it's a surprise for chris so it's hush hush right now.

This week has been a little rough. It has been a continuation of last weekend with low blood pressure and high nerve pain levels. Last weekend I had a hard time getting out of the hotel because I couldn't sit up, but the excitement kept my mind off of the nerve pain. It's been same all week but more difficult during the rainy week

I do feel pretty good right now though and chris and I are headed to lake gaston today! Wedding planing also continues as I get my wedding website together. 55 more days!



  • Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:21 PM, EDT

A year ago right now I was having the best time ever at my bachelorette party and everything in my life changed a couple hours later. But I'm celebrating my quadiversary this year as so many amazing things have happened. Quad rugby, new friends, closer old friends, National news, a home remodel, a loaned van from BraunAbility, a free wedding and honeymoon from 1800registry, and now i'm a new member of the Colours wheelchair team! Why not embrace it! This next year of my injury will be dedicated to helping others like I was helped. I've got to figure out something super cool to do. Something huge.

I was at the abilities expo this weekend and I had a blast seeing all of the equipment and fun stuff for people with disabilities. I finally picked out my Colours Wheelchair and met the other girls from Team Colours! They are so super sweet and welcoming. I was the only quad and being one year post injury they were there to help me out. Thanks girls!

Thank you sooooo much to everyone who has been there for the past year. You win some friends and you lose some, but relationships have grown with those who have been there from the beginning. Can't put into words how much your letters and messages helped me smile in the beginning and have continued to lift me up. THANK YOU! :)

  • Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:48 PM, EDT

We have had a pretty calm few weeks until recently! The other week i went to a doctor who is helping me do some electrical stimulation on my arm. When the E-stim was on and i attempted to pinch my fingers, it worked! We will see what happens with that!

This past Friday, chris and I were able to have our first date night in a very long time. We went out to the comedy club to see Ralphie May. He was so hilarious! It was so nice going out on the town together.

Things have been really great lately as wedding plans are coming together! This past weekend chris and I headed to the Fearrington House in pittsboro, nc to do some wedding planning. We started off with some cake tasting and I'm thinking that was one of Chris's favorite Parts. Im not super adventurous as i really dislike chocolate. I. Know it's weird but, hey, we all have our corks! We picked the schedule, the yummy menu and threw around some cool decoration ideas! Ive also tried on my original wedding dress and im so happy to say it will still work in a wheelchair. The wedding will be on July 22nd and we are all just so excited! We have been waiting so long for this day and I couldn't be happier!

This coming weekend is the abilities expo in new York and I am so excited to be attending! It will be a very long ride in the van so it's a good thing it's super comfy! I am still a pretty new injury and so I have a lot to learn. I'm very excited to be meeting some members of the BraunAbility family!

No comments:

Post a Comment